Guinea fowl food – It’s a small domesticated bird somewhat similar to chicken or pheasant in flavor with a darker, slightly dryer and gamier tasting meat. You may also need to read our article about guinea fowl meat to know whether this bird is healthy or not to consume.
As we know that the existence of guinea fowl has been spread to almost all over the world. Many people choose to keep this bird as house pets. Meanwhile, farmers or gardeners will also like to keep it for their excellent ‘watchdogs’ ability. Yes, do you know how guinea fowl sounds? Indeed, they are so noisy, but they can be very helpful to keep your environment safe.
Similar with chicken, the guinea fowl can also be consumed. Have you ever eaten guinea fowl food? No worries. This small domesticated fowl is quite similar to chicken or pheasant in flavour with a darker, slightly dryer and gamier tasting flesh.
Guinea fowl food can be a good menu for family. It is delicious and healthy – high in protein, but low in calories.
So, what is guinea fowl food?
The guinea meat is dried and leaner than chicken meat. It also has games flavour. The guinea fowl food has marginally more protein than chicken or turkey, roughly half the fat of chicken and slightly fewer calories per gram. Moreover, the guinea fowl eggs are also substantially richer in protein.
Yeah, we all know that everyone is used to eating chicken and chicken eggs. It is also common for people to eating duck and duck eggs. However, there is a big poultry world out there – guinea fowl food. Now, the question is: can you eat guinea fowl food?
Just like the other poultry such as chickens, ducks, and quails, the guinea fowl is also edible, even can be quite delicious. If we are talking about guinea fowl food, it can be about guinea fowl meat and eggs as well.
How is guinea fowl taste?
The meat of guinea fowl is known to be rich in fatty acids but low in calories. You can prepare the meat easily in different ways. You can grill it, roast it, or fry it. But remember that because guinea fowl is naturally dried than chicken, it is important not to overcook. Due to its leanness, the dark meat of guinea fowl requires more care when cooking.
Guinea fowl food includes not only their meat but also their eggs. You can just eat guinea eggs just as you would chicken or any other backyard birds eggs. The most significance differences are the appearance and taste which are quite similar to chicken’s but not quite the same. Some people find them richer and more flavorful than chicken eggs. Others feel there is not much different between them.
Guinea fowl recipe
Guinea fowl food s exactly delicious. Here are two kinds of guinea fowl recipe that you can try at home.
1. Guinea fowl meat recipe
Let’s try making guinea fowl food. It is easy and of course, healthy 🙂
Roast guinea fowl
By : goodhousekeeping
- 1 g guinea fowl meat
- 2 unwaxed lemons – zest and juice of one, one quartered lengthways
- 3 bay leave
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns, lightly crushed
- 25 g butter
- 150 ml hot chicken stock
- 2 tablespoon redcurrant jelly
- Preheat the oven to 200° Put the guinea fowl in a bowl, add the lemon zest and juice, bay leaves, thyme and peppercorns. Cover and leave to marinate for about 1 hour.
- Put the guinea fowl meat in a roasting tin, breast side down, stuff with the lemon quarters and the butter, pour the stock over and then roast for about 50 minutes.
- Turn the guinea meat on to the backbone, and continue roasting for 20 minutes or until the juices run clear when the thigh is pierced with a skewer.
- Put the guinea fowl on a board and cover with foil. Then, leave to rest.
- To make the gravy, put the roasting tin on the heat and scrape up the juices in the pan. You an add redcurrant jelly to the pan and bring to the boil. Simmer for 3 up to 5 minutes to make a gravy and season well.
Let’s try making guinea fowl food at home. It’s so easy and healthy 🙂
2. Guinea fowl eggs recipe
Asparagus and soft boiled guinea fowl eggs
By : farmingfriends
- Bunch of asparagus tips
- Bread for toasting
- Meat rashers (chicken, beef, or guinea – free to choose)
- Large tomatoes
- Guinea fowl eggs
- Virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar for seasoning
- Grill the meat until cooked and crispy or to your liking.
- Grill tomatoes.
- Boil asparagus until cooked.
- Boil water for guinea fowl egg and then when boiling, add guinea fowl eggs which take 3 to 3 and a half minutes to soft boil.
- Let the guinea fowls eggs cool and then peel carefully.
- Toast bread.
- Butter the toast and squash tomatoes on to the toast.
- Add the asparagus tips.
- Add the guinea fowl eggs to the top of the dish and then cut in half so that the yolk runs onto the dish.
- Sprinkle the dish iwth a little virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar to season.
So, is it possibly to try making guinea fowl at home?
Of course, it is! As you can see, you can transform the guinea fowl meat and eggs into various guinea fowl food. You can search for more recipes and try to make it yourself at home. Happy cooking!
If you have a question just feel free leave the comment in the leave a reply form below
guinea fowl food preference, guinea fowl recipe, guinea fowl uk, guinea fowl eggs, domestic guinea fowl, guinea fowl taste, guinea fowl for sale